I love fall. It’s by far my favourite season of the year. I love everything about it – the crisp leaves, the fresh, cool air, the smells, the sweaters, and especially, the activities that go with fall (apple picking, pumpkin carving, making cider, having bonfires, etc). If there’s a place in the world where it’s fall all year (weather-wise), please tell me, because I want to move there.
Now that the nights (and mornings) are getting cooler, my autumn-excitement is kicking into high gear. Fall always flies by far too quickly, and I feel like we often talk about all the things we want to do, but only manage to accomplish a couple of them. To try and prevent that from happening this year – we’re putting our fall bucket list in writing!
Here’s what we want to do this year:
- Go apple picking
- Make cider
- Carve a pumpkin
- Roast pumpkin seeds
- Have a bonfire with friends
- Go for lots of hikes to check out the fall leaves
- Make delicious soups
- Preserve food for the winter
- Perfect some fancy hot drinks for cooler weather
- Visit the best fall fairs in the area
- Make Thanksgiving dinner
- Finish the scarf I started knitting for Chris three winters ago (Rachel)
This list is admittedly a little optimistic. Fall has been a short season around here lately, and it’s also a really busy time of year at work, but we’re going to try!