This is long overdue, but quite a while back, we were nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by the lovely Alice over at Modern Alice. Thank you so much Alice!
The Versatile Blogger Award is passed on from blogger to blogger for community recognition, so the terms are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and add a link
- Tell 7 things about yourself
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers
So here’s 7 things about us:
1. We’re hoping to do at least one, maybe two major trips before we have kids. First on the list is Southeast Asia.
2. Chris is a dual Canadian-UK/EU citizen, and because he was born and raised in the UK, his citizenship will automatically pass on to our future kids. This means our entire immediate family will be dual citizens – except me!
3. We both like to cook, but Chris does more of the weekly cooking than I do.
4. We’ve read PostSecret together every Sunday since we first moved in together 3 and a half years ago.
5. We’re saving up for our first house, and hoping to be done with apartment living in the next couple of years.
6. We’re pretty compatible with chores because we both have opposite jobs that we don’t mind/hate. I can’t stand dust, while Chris doesn’t even notice it, so I do the dusting. Chris gets anxious when there’s even a speck of dirt on the carpet, while I hate the sound of the vacuum cleaner, so he does the vacuuming. I don’t like clutter, Chris isn’t fazed by it, so I do more of the tidying/straightening. Chris hates a messy kitchen and finds doing dishes therapeutic, so he does more of the kitchen cleaning. We both get one smelly job (I do the litter box, he does the garbage) and we share the remaining jobs, like cleaning the bathroom and doing laundry.
7. We’re the exact same height.
And here’s 15 other blogs we love:
4. Design Mom
7. Happy Sighs
10. Nat the Fat Rat
11. Rockstar Diaries
12. Young House Love
15. Smitten Kitchen
Thanks again for this honour, Alice!